by Jonathan Azaziah
Dresden. An ancient city with 7,500 years of history under its belt and one of Germany’s most beautiful regions. Its name is derived from the Old Sorbian term “Drežďany”, meaning “people of the forest”, and the greenery indeed was (and to some extent, still is) a sight to behold, as it’s located in a lush valley on the River Elbe. Capital of the Free State of Saxony and known for its museums, architecture and churches, the most famous landmarks being Dresden Frauenkirche, a Catholic-turned-Lutheran structure originally built in the 11th century, and Katholische Hofkirche, an obviously Catholic worship house built in 1751. The architectonics were so impressive, the city became known as the “Florence of the Elbe”.
But all of this ceased to mean much of anything on February 13th, 14th and 15th, 1945. Because 3,900 tons of bombs and incendiary devices were dropped on the city in four massive raids by 1,200 heavy bombers of the US and UK ZOGs. According to the Imperialist Air Force Times, the savage assault “made superheated air rise with such force that it created a vacuum on the ground, ripping trees out of the ground, sucking people into the fires, and suffocating those spared the flames.” The zine also admits that the city, due to its status as a center of culture, had little to do with the overall German war effort and the National Socialist project in general, their sympathies for the government aside, making the US-UK bombardment a war crime. Even Allied prisoners of war admit it. While we’re at it, even Allied veterans admit, calling it “evil” and “something we should be ashamed of”.Continue reading A Real Destruction By Fire: 74 Years Since The US and UK ZOGs Bombed Germany’s Dresden To Ash